It's happened. "Owen Do It" has entered his vocabulary. Here are some common
'Owen Do It' phrases:
Owen Bath Time
This new found independence does lead to some fun, however. Since National Homemade Cookie Day, Owen LOVES to be mommy's special helper. We have a 'special helper' chair that he gets to pull up to the counter, and he helps me with everything now. Making coffee is the most messy, but hey, he can help me 'Owen mop' the grounds up!!
He still LOVES trains.. all train birthday party theme ideas are welcome.
All toys/books must be spread allllllll over the floor. But, he's very self entertaining, so who am I to complain?
GnOwen. Becca sent this adorable gnome costume. I think it will be one of his outfits for this week.
'Owen do it'. He wanted to hold the camera himself!!
Learning to share with his buddy Price (a baby that actually moves). Note the look of concern on his face...
Owen the firefighter. Who says you can't dress up little boys?
Cuddle time with daddy. This was the night before Amelia was born.
Before baby sister bombarded his life, Owen got to spend Friday mornings at 'MyGym'. Here they are making waves. He loves the balls, of course.
I'm so proud of how many new things he is trying. He was actually hanging (just a little bit) on this monkey bar. I'll get him back to class... maybe this week. Ok, maybe next week. The mornings are just hectic around here, and I don't have a grasp on them yet.
Checking out airplanes
I bought this little set of train tracks at Ikea before we left Seattle. It was one of his new big brother toys... and boy is it a hit. It will entertain him while I'm feeding Millie and for time even beyond that!!
Another dress up outfit. Who says you can't look like a tiger on a random Friday?
After naps we have to get everything out of the crib and bring it to the couch to cuddle.
Playing at the park with daddy.
Running off some energy.
Owen Big Swing
Special Helper Chair & 'Wee new' jammies
- Another big theme of this month is that we are now SINGING. I LOVE his singing... I'll have to get a video. We sing Wheels on the Bus, Happy birthday to Ava (and only to Ava), ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Jesus loves me.
- He doesn't get every word of course, but usually comes in at the end of a phrase. 'A, B, C, D, E, F, G', etc.
- We've created a monster with the iPad. He is allowed to watch 10-12 minutes of baby Einstein while I shower, and I downloaded a few apps to learn shapes, etc to keep him occupied while I am feeding Millie... and now he thinks it's his personal toy. We have tantrums all of the time over the iPad. I'm working on it....
- He counts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Can actually count 2-3 objects on a page
- Here is a frequent conversation. Mommy: "Owen, what color is this?" Owen: "Red" (no matter the color). He can, at least, pick out a green or blue block from a pile. Colors are a hard concept to teach!!
- He knows all of his basic shapes now, except hexagon =)
- He's now saying airplane instead of 'ck'. At least we still have 'wee new' instead of fire truck.
- He really wants to make sure everyone is included in his activities, frequently asking, 'Mommy comin? Daddy comin?'
- He finally has all of his teeth except the 2 year molars.
- He's been very gentle with the baby, but has started to show a little bit of jealousy in the last 2 days. Yesterday he really wanted her socks, and kept taking them off saying 'Owen sock'. He's also been very cuddly with me anytime my arms are open, so I need to make a more concerted effort to have just Owen time. He still gets more of my energy than Amelia does, but it's still far less time than he is used too...
It's fitting that Owen should turn 22 months on both Mizzou and Illinois' homecoming celebrations. Owen's wardrobe colors for the day are yet to be determined. On college football days, whoever changes the first poopy diaper gets to pick Owen's outfit. Since I get to dress him in black & gold any day I want, I might just let Mike get to that poopy diaper first.... =)