Sunday, September 9, 2012

35 & 36

 
35 Weeks Baby Girl

36 Weeks Baby Girl... I think she's dropped some.
 
36 Weeks with Owen. Somewhat reassuring that I looked as tired at 36 weeks of that pregnancy!
 
How far along? 36 weeks! I am going for a 9-29-12 delivery date, so that means only 20 days left. Ha! Baby is approx 19-22 inches and 6.5 lbs. Since she weighed 5.5lbs 2 weeks ago at the US, I am hoping for about 6.5 so that she's a nice average size at birth. 
 
Total weight gain: 22lbs (as of 2 weeks ago). I was up to 24lbs but I had lost 2 at my last appointment. This is due to the fact that she was REALLY high and in my stomach. I had no appetite and quite a bit of throwing up. Ack. I think she's dropped a bit now, and I feel so much better. There are also 4 flavors of ice cream in my freezer (they were on sale, ok!), so I am sure I'll be well beyond 24lbs at my appt on Thursday the 13th! 
Maternity clothes? I'm starting to grow out of a lot of my maternity clothes. The pants are getting a little snug in the hips & many shirts are no longer covering the belly!   
Stretch marks? Not that I can see!
Sleep? Nada.  And it's not even really the bladder this time. My legs are so achy and restless that it takes me 3-4 hours to FALL asleep. Once I actually get to sleep, I only wake up a few times to readjust. I also have issues with turning my mind off... and I have nothing going on that I need to be worrying about. I'm tired, but I know this is just prep!
Best moment this week (or two)? 
1. We closed on our condo! It's no longer hanging over our heads. We have no credit, but who needs credit?!
2. Celebrating our anniversary! My folks kept O overnight last weekend. Mike and I went shopping for our kiddos (we needed pink swaddle blankets after all), and then Sunday morning we had a DELICIOUS after-church brunch at a restaurant called 'Half and Half' in Clayton. On our actual anniversary we went out for pizza with O & today we celebrated with my folks at the Cards game. (Their 33rd anniversary was yesterday!). I will say we've also had lots of great time with Mike's family this weekend too, celebrating Lindsey's birthday and watching Livi play soccer!
Miss anything? Nah... though maybe a glass of wine would help me get to sleep?
Movement?  Yep... but still WAY WAY less than Owen. It still makes me nervous on a daily basis.
Food craving? Did I mention the 4 flavors of ice cream in the freezer? Edy's Espresso Chip is the new fave. It's amazing, and you should go buy some right now.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not any more! Thanks for dropping a bit baby girl! 
 
Labor signs? I have had Braxton-Hicks for weeks, but who knows if they are going to lead to a 39 week delivery....
Symptoms?  Nothing in addition to what I have already mentioned.... though my hips are starting to ache a bit (also leading me to think she's dropped a bit). 
Belly button in or out? Still pretty flat!
 
Wedding rings on or off? Totally off. I even have a few bigger rings reserved for this stage of pregnancy, but they are uncomfortable too, so I'm just not wearing anything.
Happy or Moody most of the time?  Yes. Even split.
 
Looking forward to?  Seeing her sweet little face & the color of her hair. I spent this week washing clothes, car seat covers, towels, etc and arranging drawers and the nursery closet. I just need to pack for the hospital and then she can come at any time.

3 comments:

  1. I think you look absolutely b.e.a.utiful. I can't wait to meet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and your adorable baby bump. Funny enough, I think you look more tired in the pic with O. But you didn't have much going on then, did you?!?! ;). mmmwwwaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, Coop! I love, love, love the fact that you have 4 flavors of ice cream in your freezer! That'a girl! :) I cannot wait to meet baby girl Wade! Happy belated Anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete