Thursday, July 29, 2010

cultivating an heirloom

Well here we are at 19 weeks. It's hard to believe that we are almost 1/2 done with this pregnancy! The little tyke has had a busy week. It's busy growing hair sprouts and kicking me =) It's very light, but it's getting more regular, and I'm pretty sure that's what I am feeling! It doesn't feel like gas or a flutter or anything that the 'books' say, but I am pretty sure about it. We know the baby is doing well because we've been listening to the heartbeat once a week or so. I 'borrowed' a fetal doppler from work....who wants to wait 4 weeks to hear the heartbeat when you could do it anytime? It's always 150 or above, so we'll have to see if that old wives' tale holds up. Our ultrasound is on Monday, Aug 2nd. If that baby makes it obvious, we may just know the gender in a matter of days. Otherwise, we'll be waiting until December.

I am still wearing regular clothes, but I did buy my first pair of maternity jeans the other day for $4.11. I went to the Mercer Island Thrift Store. Let me just tell you, Mercer Island is one of the swankiest/most affluent neighborhoods in all of Seattle, so their 'hand me downs' are my idea of great clothes. I think I will frequent their thrift store often!


19 weeks. You can see the outline of the belly band. Note to self, do not wear belly band under white shirt.

Last week I feel like I ripped on Seattle a bit. I am trying to change my attitude because I really could live here for many more years. That wouldn't be my preference, but I still need to focus on Seattle's great attributes!



You can great fresh crab for $3 a pound... and it's delicious! I love this picture of Mike.
I think I could eat two in one sitting.

Last Sunday we went blueberry picking.. $1.25 a pound! We have enough blueberries to last us for weeks, and we've been putting them on everything: ice cream, cereal, salads, you name it.
The great thing about picking blueberries is that it's super easy to tell when they are ripe!

This is a picture from Alki beach yesterday. It's my absolute favorite place in the whole city, and it's just stunning when the sun shines.
                   If you come out to Seattle, we can have a bonfire on this beach. Does that tempt anyone?

I also wanted to post the link to Britt's Home Depot commercial in case you haven't seen it. You can see her at 11 seconds and then later painting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw0nGAzGUSM

We'll post pics from the ultrasound on Monday! Love, Heather, Mike, and the Little Tyke

No comments:

Post a Comment