Friday, January 21, 2011

Owen's Birth Day!!

 On the Night you Were Born...
On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, " Life will never be the same". Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world.,,,,Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born. ~Nancy Tillman


Owen was born @ 5:38 pm PST on 12/27/10. He was 4 days late, but once he was ready, he was READY! I had a relatively short, intense labor. My contractions started at 1:00 am on the 27th, but the "hard" labor didn't really start until 1:00pm ish. Four and a half hours later, this little one made his grand entrance into the world... all with the help of a little thing we call a vacuum. Praise the Lord for the vacuum assist. I only had to push through 2 contractions. Not too bad for the first time.


Little Peanut Head ~ 13cm. All of the NB hats we have are too big for him.


 Be still my heart.  Apgars were 8 and 9. Love the little blue hands.
Wt: 7lbs 12oz, 19.5 inches

 I love this sweet little face. He certainly had his eyes on! When he was born the OB said, "It's not a Lucy". We think she had forgotten our boy name.  

 Words can't describe what it's like to look at your son for the first time! I can't believe it was this little man that had been kicking me for all of those months.

 He looks much more cozy now, doesn't he? Eyes are gooped up, footprints obtained, vaccinations given, hands protected. Life is good.

 First family photo. We were all SO tired and SO blissful. Happy Birthday Owen!

 The first time I saw this picture, it made me cry. I just love the look of elation on Mike's face. He still looks at the baby that way, and it makes my heart melt!

 The little man came on Grandma Cooper's birthday! Such an exciting day! I am SO glad she could be there for his birth! What a proud Grandma looking on..... l.o.v.e.

 Mike is a total natural. He had this holding a newborn thing down in no time flat. By the time they were done with my stitches, he was holding the baby with one hand and eating dinner with the other. Nothing to be nervous about. Mike has also turned swaddling into an engineered art. It's amazing how tight that baby can be swaddled... and he sleeps SO well when Mike has done his handy work. I love it!

Baby Owen and Papa Cooper. Also a natural. Two red heads all in a row.

I think that Owen is a perfect combination of the Coopers and Wades.. quite the genetic match up I suppose. I think he has Mike's eyes, my nose, mouth (undecided.. let's wait till he gets teeth), Papa Wade's chin, and likely Papa Cooper's hair. He definitely has my hands and nail beds too.. so weird to see your hands on someone else's body. We'll have to wait to see what he gets from the Grandmas... perhaps curly hair and a south paw? We can't wait to find out!

"So enchanted with you were the wind and the rain that they whispered the sound of your wonderful name"

Owen Michael Wade.

WE LOVE YOU! Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. i love the wades. period. heather, mike, and owen - sending my love from oregon. love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...I love that book, it still makes me tear up! Love to you all!!! EHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete