Our Sweetsie Millie Mags is 7 months. Turns out I am still mushy-gushy over this adorable baby girl.
Wouldn't you be, too? Love her 'Betty Boop' eyes, all of her chins, and that (still) gummy grin!
She l.o.v.e.s this little kitchen, and she already knows how to manipulate the toy to get it to make sounds!
Note the shine of drool on her chin. She's a faucet.... but no teeth to be had.
This was earlier in the month (note the pillow to 'catch' her). She no longer needs a pillow. She's able to get herself from sitting to lying, lying to sitting (rarely), and she sure is army crawling forward. STOP.HER.NOW!
Oooh, have I mentioned she still just gives me goosies I love her so much?!
I'm not sure how I caught this tongue-out action with the slightly crossed eye, but I'll be printing this pic for sure.
She's graduated to bath time with Owen. So far no turds in the tub, yet. I'm sure that will be quite the event.
The other day I caught her with Owen's fire truck. She had the remote going and everything.
It's a good thing he was sleeping.. he's been mighty possessive lately.
(Side note- I'm really struggling with him these last few weeks.
Feel free to leave any toddler parenting advice in the comment section).
Miss Millie and her Georgie... enthralled with Cardinal baseball. He has 6 teeth, and isn't he Oh-So-Cute?!
The most special day of the month was our precious baby's baptism. I can't wait to post on that, but here's a teaser.
She wore the dress that Mike's Granny Wade made for his sister, Lindsey.
She wore it, and so did her daughter, Olivia. It's in amazing shape, and she was stunning in it.
I love her in bright colors.
.....and here she is army crawling. I'm so proud of her, but my life will never be the same.
She's at least 6 weeks/2 months ahead of where Owen was developmentally as an infant.
Additional highlights of the month:
- She's needing at least 12-14 oz of supplementation with formula, but I'm still trying to breastfeed her as much as I can!
- She also loves her solid foods. We now have a variety of delights to choose from: oats, rice, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, avocado, pears, bananas, apples, & squash. I'm making her food, just like I did for Owen, and again, I'm having a blast 'scheduling' out what to try next. I think we'll try prunes... my little pooper has been a wee bit stopped up.
- She still loves raspberry-blowing wars, and she'll usually win.
- She is starting to express frustration when toys are taken away. Generally, they are Owen's toys that are not baby-safe!
- SHE'S SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Enter heavenly hosts, praising God and saying, SHE'S SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! She also rocks her naps. Generally 2-3/day, and one is long. Today it was 3hrs 20 minutes. Thank you, God, for a child that sleeps well.
Of course we love all of you, and we treasure your interest in the lives of our precious babies. We are so grateful to God for the blessing of our sweet Amelia.