Monday, May 27, 2013

Swim Lessons

As summer is quickly approaching, Mike and I decided it was high time to get O in to some swimming lessons at the Y. Last summer he spent a lot of time in Mima Cooper's small pool and a little bit of time in some bigger pools. I'm sure I won't attempt taking both kids to a big pool by myself this summer, but in the event that the four of us are at a pool, I wanted O to have a healthy respect of the water. And it's fun to play as well!
 
 
Swim lessons prompted this big ol' smile. Can you tell he loves them!?
 
He's been able to go with Mike, Papa Cooper, and me, too. I think it's great that we can all learn how to play with him in the water! I'll admit, I was less than thrilled to put on a bathing suit and go swim, but with Dad & Papa Cooper out of town & Papa Wade at Bible Study, it was up to me. I actually had a great time....but let's let that be our little secret!

Learning how to kick... going after a floating whale toy.
 
Got it! I love the look of praise on Mike's face.

This is O's least favorite part... getting hair & face wet under the fountain. He'll only go once. I don't blame him!

He does like jumping in, though!

Millie & I were the picture takers that night. She's in the 'I love to touch faces' stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment