Sunday, July 15, 2012

28 Weeks

Today marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester. In some ways this pregnancy has flown... I hope the 3rd (and historically most uncomfortable) trimester goes fairly quickly as well.  

28 weeks (7-15-12) with Baby Girl

Front view

28 weeks with Owen (end of September 2010). I think the belly size looks similar!

I borrowed another pregnancy template from someone else's blog... so I'll give it a go!

How far along? 28 Weeks...maybe just 10-11 more to go! (Will likely be 12-13). Baby is the size of a Chinese cabbage, about 2.5 lbs and 15 inches from head to toe. I'm thrilled to make it to 28 weeks because the baby's lungs start producing surfactant at this point (it's a protein substance that decreases the surface tension in the lungs, allowing them to expand/contract... aka BREATHE on their own).
 
Total weight gain: 18 lbs total
Stretch marks? Not yet. I never had them with Owen, so hopefully I'll miss them this time around too.
Sleep? Sleeping is hit or miss.. Every night I wake up twice to use the bathroom & some nights I get those awful pregnancy leg cramps. I'm too the point in this pregnancy as well that I can't lay on my left side without heartburn. Our bodies do some strange things!
Best moment this week? Having a functional crib. Our crib arrived without the hardware needed to assemble it, so Mike and Papa Wade spent last Saturday putting the puzzle together, running back and forth to the hardware store, and assuring a functional crib. Their hard work allowed us to actually sleep in our house for the first time Thursday night after we got back from the Wade family reunion in Indiana. We also had a Cooper family reunion the weekend before... more posts to come on those events!
Miss anything? Margaritas! The Cooper family reunion had lots of margaritas... I was so sad not to partake. I've been eating enough ice cream to make up for it, though.
Movement? So far this baby is Owen's total opposite. I had a bruised rib by the time I delivered him. Baby girl, on the other hand... will go 12, 14, 18 hours without so much as a kick. I don't think I felt her at all on Tuesday of this week (it causes me much anxiety). This weekend, though, she's been having a dance party, so I am sure all is well.
Food craving? ICE water. Room temp water (though I've been drinking a lot of it) causes me to be a bit nauseated. Also, cereal with fresh fruit tastes amazing right now.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? The HEAT. We've had a run of days with temps >100. It's cooled down this week.. but I'm having a hard time staying hydrated. I had a close call last weekend with getting too hot on a trolley ride (reunion event). Thankfully Mike ice packed my back before I totally blacked out.  
Labor signs? Negative. A few Braxton-Hicks already, though.
Symptoms? Leg cramps/aches. I think it has to do with my terrible circulation and the fact that I've been on my feet for hours and hours unpacking, etc.
Belly button in or out?  Flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On. They were till the end with Owen, too.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy
 
Looking forward to? Getting settled in to our house. It's coming along, and as soon as we have our new couches, I'll be sure to post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment