|4/15/12: 15 weeks & Owen's Best Pouty Face|
|4/22/12: 16 weeks|
Well I feel like I haven't given this pregnancy proper 'air time', so I thought I'd dedicate a little post to the growth & development of #2. We've been so distracted that we haven't even come up with a proper nickname for this wee one. Sorry little guy/gal. I promise we love you!
I am going to fashion this post after my friend Bao's blog (nguim.blogspot.com). She does a great job chronicling her pregnancy!
Technically this is what is going on this week
- Baby is ~ 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (an apple-ish)
- It can move amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract.
- It can move all of it's joints and limbs.
- It can sense light & it's forming taste buds
- Baby is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.
- It's legs are much more developed, and it is growing toenails (hopefully it will allow me to cut them more readily that Owen does).
- It's eyes have moved closer to the front of his head & it's ears are narrowing in on their final position.
- How cool is it that it's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day!!!!
- Weight: Bao lists her weight.. probably because her weight at 28 weeks is only 2lb > than my starting weight. Nonetheless, I am choosing not to list the total weight, but I may log my weight gain. At my last OB appointment, the weight gain was 0lbs. I am sure it will not be the same when I go to my next appointment on Thursday.
- I feel remarkably better. I only have nausea with extreme fatigue.. which still happens several times a week, but it holds off until 9pm or so. (It's likely due to Owen's new routine of waking in the 5:00 am hour :/)
- I have great energy during the day, but once Owen is in bed, my body crashes too. So does Oskee's. Poor Mike comes home to a houseful of party animals.
- I am just now getting back enough energy to exercise. We cancelled our Y membership b/c of the move & the fact that we didn't go for 2 months straight. Hopefully Seattle will give me some decent weather to walk with the Os.
- My varicose veins are already rearing their ugly heads. I can thank genetics + extra blood volume for this. One can only anticipate their beauty in a humid Midwestern summer. I apologize in advance. ps: Is it dorky to wear support hose with shorts? ;)
- My face is a mess (acne wise). At first I attributed it to the fact that I didn't wash my face at night for about 10 weeks straight. We are well past that now, and I think I can just attribute it to hormones.
Spiritual and Emotional
- I am definitely 'teary'. Common scenarios: Praise & Worship at church, Sweetsie stories on the radio, etc. However, I haven't had any full out raging hormone moments or big breakdowns...... yet.
- A few weeks ago, I was exhausted & overwhelmed by the moving/selling/detail organizing 'to-do' list, but we are making great progress, and I feel more peaceful. Now I am just antsy to get to StL!
- Oskee is in mega-shed mode & the sun is actually shining some. This equals direct visualization of dog hair all over my house. I feel like I can't keep on top of it!
- I know I was very good about the fruit/veggie pictures during my pregnancy with Owen. The last 3 gestational weeks have been a lemon, apple, and avocado.. these are all ingredients that we readily have on hand. I can't make any promises for turnips (next week), and additional weeks that require some creative shopping.