Well the time has come. My payback has arrived. If you knew me as a pre-school child/school age child/adolescent/high schooler... you know that I had (have?) sass and opinions. One year my parents gave me a gift for Christmas that modeled an extremely mean character on a show I liked to watch. That Christmas my brothers kept calling me 'Mean, mean, mean'. And it was accurate. Well here she is, my payback. She's not mean, but she's sassy and she has opinions! My parents are delighting in her personality =)
She's also a brave explorer. Compared to Owen's worrier-type personality,
this little girl will try to climb up just about anything!
Recent fave for Miss Millie is the cozy coupe!
She'll bring her dolls and stuffed animals for a ride, too!
She's IN.LOVE with her 'Gog'. Oskee (who has several annoying features) is actually GREAT with our kids. She's not generally a fan of Amelia in her bed, but she tolerates her.
Crafting at the Parkway Early Childhood Center. Textures like cotton balls are exciting!
Mima Wade came to 2 of our classes at the ECC, and Miss Millie would not leave her side.
If a grandma or a dad is around....no need for mommy.
They played together for a total of 6 seconds.... good thing my phone was in my pocket!
She has started imitating. Give her a towel and she'll wipe. Give her a mop and voila!
You'll notice she's also wearing a bib. This is a frequent ritual. She'll open the cabinet and bring a bib - open a drawer and bring socks and shoes.
(Please pardon the hideous linoleum. Remember it's a renal!)
Before the weather hit 20 degrees, we were trying to still get outside as much as we could!
The girl LOVES to swing!
Speaking of swings, A and Kaitlyn had a great time on this indoor tire swing. We met this family at a swing set warehouse. It's a store where they sell these things, but you can pay $5 and let your kids run around. Genius. Kaitlyn also has a 3 year old brother, so this was a great play date.
This cuddle bug LOVES her daddy and this bear that Uncle Ryan gave her for her bday. And she loves her paci. I really need to work on that. After the holidays. After she has a few more words and isn't as whiny. After I have some motivation.
I just think she's so pretty in this pic. She and Owen had a 'tear the couch apart' couple of days.
It was a blast. For them. =)
I know I've done a bit of complaining, but this little love certainly is God's great blessing. I want my daughter to have opinions. I'm just anxious to reach the 'conversational' opinions phase... =)
This is also what's up...
- She's wearing 12-18 month clothing... some 18 month pants. We are definitely out of anything that's strictly 12 month.
- She loves music! She bops her little head along, loves 'The Wheels on the Bus', and loves to dance.
- We are up to FIVE (almost 6) teeth. The left front tooth caused her gum to split from the eruption site clear up to where the gum meets the lip. It (was) awful looking. Seems to be improving, but we are headed to the dentist next week.
- She hasn't caught on to any signs, but she does flap her arms a lot?! She has also added Dada to her repertoire of words. Mike is Dada and of course I am Dada.
- She's finally drinking milk out of the sippy, and she still eats anything I put in front of her face (except meat). Maybe not enough teeth yet.
- I think she's working on adjusting her nap schedule, and for a type A mom like me I struggle through the transitions. But, she sleeps from 1830-0730 every.day. And I can not complain about that!