Monday, December 13, 2010

take a leek

I'm sorry.. I couldn't resist the title of this post. Taking a leak is the story of my life these days (as I'm sure you can imagine), and I wonder if the folks @ babycenter.com found themselves clever for picking a 'leek' for week 38 of pregnancy? I find them clever, nonetheless, and I think this vegetable is highly appropriate.

These pictures make me look enormous.. perhaps that's just because I am? I really don't feel as big as this picture looks, and I think that's a blessing. I'm still relatively physically comfortable, just battling the classic 3rd trimester exhaustion and swollen ankles. I figure that's to be expected.... and I have lots of time to sleep and put my feet up this week. I plan to take full advantage!


I feel like I am holding a sword. Just FYI, these leeks turned in to potato leek soup, and I must say it was delicious.

Yesterday we went to church with our friends the Culbertsons. Baby Girl C is due Feb 15, and we can't wait for the babies to be friends. Here we were pretending that Owcy is a boy, and this was the first kiss of little boy Wade and little girl Culbertson. Hey, it practically worked for Mike and me, so it's not totally out of the question!

We had an OB appt today. Baby is fully engaged, but there have been no other changes. I think it's tucked in tight for the next few weeks.

We love you all, and we can't wait to tell you of the arrival! Love, Mike & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment